From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ridecamp Guest
Sent: Friday, June 04, 2004 6:52 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [RC] Muscle Injury-How to condition

Please Reply to: Lisa Powell lspow@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hi!

I just did my first 25LD ride at Liberty Run and got hooked.  I
wish I could do this sport every weekend.  My ride went great
until the last vet check.  My 5 year old Morab was off on his
left hind.  Otis recommended having Michael the massage therapist
work on my horse (thank you Michael!!!)  He massaged Luke's inner
groin area to loosen the muscle.  After 15 minutes, I went
through the vet check again and was given a complete for the
ride.  I was so happy!  Luke was fine by the next day, but needs
some conditioning in that area of his hind quarters.  He needs to
learn how to use his back end more.

Does anyone have any conditioning tips on how I can strenghten
his hind quarters.  I do alot of walking hills, but need more
ideas.  Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Lisa Powell
Suwanee, GA

You don't have to be a 100-mile rider or a multi-day rider to be an
endurance rider, but if you want to experience the finest challenges our
sport has to offer, you need to do both of those.
~ Joe Long

...but then, I do ride my horses a lot more than most people
~  Karen Chaton