Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] appys - heidi

Did you see the program on the Nez Pierce tryint to breed an appaloosa ,
 crossing it with Akel-Teke(sp)? They calaimed they  were trying to get
a  better endurance horse, like the orginals. They ssid somthing about
the coat  sheen that Akel-Teke have and some history of that in their
horses. It was a  couple years ago I saw that program. . . .

Didn't see the program, but have seen some of the horses in person, and
have talked to some of the Nez Perce who are involved with the program.
Makes a lot more sense than crossing Appys with QHs, if one is trying to
get back to a type more like what the Nez Perce of 150-200 years ago were
riding...

Heidi

Personally, I shouldn't give a s--- where the other people on the course
are, and if I find myself starting to concern myself over this, I remind
myself that this is the first step on the road to overriding my horse and
tell myself to "knock it off!"  :)
~  Kat Swigart