Re: [RC] [RC] Appys/arabs - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Nicole z_arabs@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I'm breeding my appy mare to an arab/appy stallion tommorrow (so
excited!!!),

Are you the one breeding to one of Connie's stallions?  (Sorry,
his name is currently escaping me.)

but you wouldn't believe how much crap I'm getting for it.

Oh, I believe it.

People saying "ewww, arab, why not some quarterhorse?" Gag me
with a spoon. I've never personally had a good arab experience,
but I think all the ones I've looked at have been the cheap hot
ones that no one wants, so hopefully breeding my own goes well!

That's fantastic to hear that kind of openmindedness in someone
who has not had good firsthand experiences!  Wow.  Good for you!

Do people find arab prejudices all over, or is that a eastside
of the NW phenomenon.

It's everywhere.  EVERYwhere.  The Arabian reputation was destroyed
decades ago and has never (and may not ever) recovered.  Of course,
the show ring continues to perpetuate the stereotypes that earned
that bad reputation.  (uggg.... don't get me started...)

~Nicole

Common sense should also be a part of the decision making process. If you
see someone who doesn't have any, hand them your tool box.
~ Lisa Salas - The Odd Farm