Re: [RC] Fort Stanton another view - heidi

What if the Southwest Directors had not voted and this important Trail
Grant  failed. We would have a loss-loss for all our regions. Regional
Directors  are elected to represent their Region as well as the AERC in
whole. Why  should they not vote for something beneficial for their
region. That's their  job.
Do you expect your Senator or Representative in Congress not to vote
because  it would benefit your State?

If it would benefit my STATE I would expect him to vote.  If it benefitted
him personally (such as a defense contract to a company in which he was a
part-owner or something) I would expect him to abstain, so that it did not
blot the reputation of my state...

Given the voting on this issue, there was no risk of it failing if the SW
directors had not voted.  (And before the vultures descend, I'll reiterate
that if Randy did not have a vested interest in this, then perhaps it is
just Roger that should have abstained.)  And again, the issue here is how
it looks for AERC, not a personal issue with the directors.

Heidi

I can tell you after sleeping in a tent, then in my truck, then in the back
of a trailer, then in a gneck trailer w/no LQ, and now in the new-to-me LQ
one, you don't sleep any better the night before in nicer digs - you're
just more comfortable while you're lying there obsessing :)
~  Tina Hicks