Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] [RC] appys - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Nicole z_arabs@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

But he still had spots in the white even
as a very old horse, whereas the greys lose them.

Ok.... let's see.... are the white areas on an appy (either the
body of a leopard or the blanket, etc) like white markings on
other color/pattern?  Do they have pink skin?  If so, I'm going
to point out that the markings aren't actually "lost" they just
kinda disappear. :)  Picking a nit, of course.

And, I've certainly seen "appy roans" that don't have any color
left except the "varnish" areas.  Ditto on the few-spots, who, of
course, are perfect for color-breeding since they're homozygous
for Lp.  (Not to be confused with the "few-spots" who are actually
greys with dishonest or ignorant owners.)

Again, not in ANY way suggesting that crossing grey into appy
makes any sense. :)

~Nicole

If people would just think of the hoof as the foundation for the horse like
a house foundation.  when your horse plants his foot down in the ground and
pushes forward if the foot isn't 100% balanced your chances of injury go
up.
~  Paula Blair