Re: [RC] [RC] [RC] [RC] appys - Ed & Wendy Hauser

I suspect that there were more spotted Spanish horses imported early to N.
America than we think.  The Spanish Mustang registry has a whole bunch of
spotted horses.  When I first met Kim Kingsley in '93 or so he was riding
Chief Red Arrow, who was appy colored.  I don't know if Chief Yellow Fox,
that he used to win the Jim Jones award in the late 80's was appy also, but
it wouldn't surprise me.

The Spanish Mustang Registry web site (http://www.spanishmustang.org/) has
photos of lots of spotted horses .  Since this breed was established before
DNA testing, we don't know how pure the foundation stock was, but modern
testing does show that they are truly Spanish horses.

Ed
Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx
406.642.6490

If you treat an Arab like a Thoroughbred, it will behave like a Quarter
horse.
~  Libby Llop