Re: [RC] Riding - heidi

But did you follow directions after the hys?  I'm considering getting
spayed myself but can't find the right time to do it.  Dr. says I can do
it whenever I'm ready but there's always something on the agenda that
usually includes riding somewhere... Suzi.

I was in so much discomfort and practically having to live on codeine
before mine that I wasn't riding much of anywhere anyway.  But I was back
to doing pretty much anything I wanted to do by 5 weeks post-hystie.  (It
WAS winter, so I didn't ride to speak of--other than riding a backhoe and
getting "bucked off"  of that on an icy slope when it flipped over and
breaking a couple of ribs, 11 weeks post-hystie.  And that didn't scramble
my guts at all, FWIW.  (And if you are in any discomfort riding because
you need one, RUN, don't walk, to your OB/GYN and get it done.  It has
sure made a world of difference to me!)

Heidi

They're athletes! This is a partnership between horse and rider - we don't
have any jockeys out there, just pals and partners. We'd allow a rider with
a broken foot, a sore back and a nasty cold to compete - but we would never
let a horse in a similiar condition hit the trail.
~  Dr. Barney Flemming DVM