From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Ed & Wendy Hauser
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 4:52 PM
To: Lysane Cree; ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Riding with a cast

 "...should be careful not to stress my arm or bump it. I asked when I could expect to ride again and he said to go ahead and ride! ..."

Unless Doctors ride (and ride hard) they are absolutely clueless.  A very good sportsmedicine orthopedist who helped me with my back and knee, had enough sense to talk to me for much longer than the usual quick visit so I could describe the stresses I was planning to put on my back and knee.  After he understood, he was equipped to give much better advice.

If I end up dealing with Drs again, I will force them to listen and understand before they make their recommendations.  By the way, Doctors do not "give permission" to their patients, they make recommendations.  Some of their recommendations are better than others.

Ed

PS How many times have we heard "The Dr. would not let me leave the Hospital"?  A doctor can't keep anyone in a hospital without a court order, something courts do very rarely.

Ed & Wendy Hauser
2994 Mittower Road
Victor, MT 59875

ranch@xxxxxxxxxxx