From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Joe
Long
Sent: Tuesday, June 01, 2004 7:56 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [RC] Caja del Rio Ride Report

Thanks to all the well-wishers!

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 20:51:51 -0400, Truman Prevatt
<tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I saw Crockett Dumas do a ride in a cast on his arm which
was in a
sling. Come on Joe - don't wimp out on us - you're not
getting any
younger ;-).

I rode a couple of 50's with my arm in a sling when I had a
problem with a shoulder joint.

Take care and heal. Poker is alot easier on the leg than
riding.

Indeed.

I go back for a progress check in three weeks, and I hope I
can start back to some riding at that time.  Anyone have any
ideas on how I can get (or rig) an oversize stirrup?  This
contraption on my leg won't fit in a regular one ...

--

Joe Long
jlong@xxxxxxxx

They're athletes! This is a partnership between horse and
rider - we don't have any jockeys out there, just pals and
partners. We'd allow a rider with a broken foot, a sore back
and a nasty cold to compete - but we would never let a horse
in a similiar condition hit the trail.
~  Dr. Barney Flemming DVM

to have in your kit are Tincture of Time and a Dose of
Common Sense. These two will carry you through 99.999% of the problems
associated with horses and endurance competition.
~ Robert Morris