Re: [RC] Caja del Rio Ride Report - Joe Long

Thanks to all the well-wishers!

On Tue, 01 Jun 2004 20:51:51 -0400, Truman Prevatt <tprevatt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

I saw Crockett Dumas do a ride in a cast on his arm which was in a
sling. Come on Joe - don't wimp out on us - you're not getting any
younger ;-).

I rode a couple of 50's with my arm in a sling when I had a problem with a
shoulder joint.

Take care and heal. Poker is alot easier on the leg than riding.

Indeed.

I go back for a progress check in three weeks, and I hope I can start back to
some riding at that time.  Anyone have any ideas on how I can get (or rig) an
oversize stirrup?  This contraption on my leg won't fit in a regular one ...

--

Joe Long
jlong@xxxxxxxx

They're athletes! This is a partnership between horse and rider - we don't
have any jockeys out there, just pals and partners. We'd allow a rider with
a broken foot, a sore back and a nasty cold to compete - but we would never
let a horse in a similiar condition hit the trail.
~  Dr. Barney Flemming DVM