[RC] Electrolytes and eating - kc85124

My older endurance horse, Fox, was really picky about feed, water, etc. and
hated anything salty.  Never touched the salt block at home either.  I started
adding 1 to 2 oz. salt to his grain and beet pulp mix at home.  After giving
electrolytes at a ride I rinse his mouth out with two bottles water and then if
he'll eat a handful of grain he is good to go out on trail.  If not then he
gets more water to rinse him mouth out.  Have to be careful he swallows the
electrolyte mix first though.  My current endurance horse, Dually, loves eating
anything and when we had him tied up next to Fox at rides he would lick the
electrolytes dribbling from Fox's his mouth.  Pretty funny!!  Happy Trails,
Kathy Crothers

If you treat an Arab like a Thoroughbred, it will behave like a Quarter
horse.
~  Libby Llop