Re: [RC] top 5 endurance horses - MtnRondi

In a message dated 5/31/2004 8:37:02 PM Pacific Standard Time, palouselady@xxxxxxxxx writes:
 Fortunatly, the majority of the 24 Appaloosas that Bill got their Medallion had a good deal of foundation breeding.

One of the best horses we have had over the years was a half Arab Appy. The Arab part was Rayseyn (sire was Sur-Ra-Neet) and the Appy part was a mare (NATRC National Champion) who was a Malibu Chief grandaughter. Malibu Chief was by American Eagle who was an old foundation horse directly down from the early cross with a Kellog Arabian I think. There was a little Thoroughbred on the dam's side also. What a great horse. He was built like an Arab (won some ribbons in color halter classes at Arab shows) and had Appy coloring. He was entered twice in Tevis and finished twice and could have turned around and gone back to Squaw Valley if we had asked him. He was Best Condition on the first Capital to Capital 200 mile ride. I hauled him all over so that a student at Cal Poly could ride him in the inter-collegiate shows in English pleasure (hunt seat) classes and she lettered on him. He could do anything.

Bonnie
So. Calif.