Re: [RC] A new lesson learned at Liberty Run part Two - Lif Strand

At 06:10 PM 5/30/2004, Ridecamp Guest wrote:
I also realized that I will start carrying my cantle bag again with extra water on those hot rides and at rides that are in remote places I will find room for my cell phone!

I never leave home without Emergen-C. In a true emergency when water is scarce, I've even ripped open the packet and poured a quarter or half cup of water in it slowly (it fizzes out otherwise) and drank that. Emergen-C is truly a good thing to have in an emergency such as you described. My experience when a person gets dehydrated is that more than water is needed, and Emergen-C does the trick.

Anyone on this list use the Emergen-C chewable tablets? They might be even better to carry.

   Lif Strand      fasterhorses.com
           Quemado NM USA

I think home work is the key to having a healthy partner. ~ Steven Proe