[RC] Change & eating habits - Rae Callaway

  Got a question for you guys.  I have a horse that is extremely resistant to change.  Just putting him in a new pen causes him to quit eating and pace and/or weave for several days.  Taking him to a ride is becoming a problem.  He picks at his food at camp and this continues for about 2-3 days after returning home as well.  I'm getting frustrated about getting this guy to eat!  Other than the food problem, he loves the trail and is very competitive and willing to trot all day, so I hate to pull him out of endurance riding.  Any suggestions as to how I could get him to stop being so prissy about his food every time the locale changes?    (stats:  He's a 9 year old half Arab gelding who was born here.  He spent 2 years at a show trainers during years 4-6 with another owner, then came back to me where we started trail/endurance riding.  The food problem seems to have started about 2 years ago or so.)

Rae
Tall C Arabians - SE Texas