Re: [RC] Enduring at the Michaux Madness Extreme 2004 - Coujurs1

In a message dated 5/30/2004 7:57:14 PM Eastern Standard Time, eyler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

The miracle is that we got to do the ride at all.  We arrived in camp Friday morning and set up in a lovely, clover-filled field that happened to have lots of holes.  Friends were joking about the holes when I stepped down from the dressing room of the trailer into a major hole, twisting my ankle horribly.  My ankle just blew up like a balloon.  By the time a friend got to me, the swelling was the size of a golf ball.

My first 100 ever, I twisted my ankle (almost fractured it) on Monday.  I couldn't walk worth a sh--, no problem riding.  The people I rode with popped Advil in my mouth everytime I got quiet. Cause all that know me, know I don't get quiet.  Coujur and I finished before dark, and then did the OD next and finished almost daylight the next day!

Nina