Re: [RC] Announcement re LD BC - Jeanne Slominski

John Parke wrote:

>Many ride managers in the West and Pacific Southwest Regions oppose the >proposal, however.  There has been surprisingly little comment by LD riders in >those regions who might want the award.

While I think a National LD BC award is a great idea, the West region didn't even award a regional LD BC for 2003. Only 7 out of 37 LD rides in the West region gave an AERC LD BC. I don't know why more West region LD riders don't speak up in favor of the AERC LD BC. IMHO it's either that they're not on RideCamp, are waaay to busy riding, or don't want to publicly speak out against the opinions of some very influencing people. As for myself, I haven't done any rides for the past two years due to family and health issues. I hope to be able to do a few LDs this year and I'd really like to be able to stand for AERC LD BC should my horse and I finish top ten.

Jeanne
AERC 4887
West Region