[RC] rc-bandit springs ride - RanDMeyer

Hi all, new here as of today. I'm planing a 30 mile endurance ride this july at bandit springs.I'm excited about this ride and want to do every thing right. I have a 6year old walker and ride 3 times a week around 5 to 10 miles a ride. Is this enought? I know I won't compete with the arabs, but my goal this first ride is just to finish.Is head gear needed and what brand do I get? Also should I feed my horse any special grain for my training? Any helpful advice would be appreciated.

thanks Rod Meyer