From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Linda Cowles
Sent: Wednesday, May 26, 2004 9:50 PM
To: ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [RC] RC: Flies and Ticks

FYI. Last year my grey arab was so allergic to tick bites I
had to give him allergy medicine. I ended up giving him a
shot of Iver(Ivo)mec for cattle - 1mL/1cc per 100lb body
weight -

Liquid cattle ivomec (100% ivomec, no additives) can be given orally. I've
seen some nasty abscesses from giving it as a shot.

Linda Cowles
Horse 'N Hound
New & Used Tack & Stable Supplies
9155 N. State Street #13
Redwood Valley CA 95470
Shop 707-485-0347
Mobile 707-621-0240
Kadence@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
United Horsemanship
PO Box 465
Potter Valley, Ca 95469
Hoof Care & Training
http://www.marthaolivo.com
Linda@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

The only thing worse than crewing for a female Endurance rider is crewing
for a wet, tired female Endurance Rider! A good crew person has patience, a
sense of humor, and knows that sometimes it's best to say nothing at all!
~  Jim Holland

The whole ride experience can be very hard, and at times you question why
you put yourself through such abuse. But then you remember all those
moments when you pop up over a hill and are suddenly surrounded by the most
stunning views.  It's just you and your horse and for a moment time stops
and you can hear the angels sing.  Therein lies the addiction, at least for
me.
~  Leslie Beyers