Re: [RC] Horses drinking - Jim & Drin Becker

I don't want my horse to get into the mode - ho hum more water, there will be plenty more so I don't need to worry, because when I go out west there will not always be frequent water available. I want water to become very important to him. The other benefit is if they drink small amounts much more often there is not big swings in hydration status and associated fluid shifts in and out of the gut associated with dirinking large amounts infrequently. It is important to humans in prolonged exercise to drink early and drink smaller amounts more often and I suspect it is just as important to horses.
As I said Truman , my method works well for me as I am sure yours does for you , different terrain  and different weather conditions makes for  different training methods .
                  Drin Becker
                  Mtn Region