[RC] Fw: Horses drinking - Jim & Drin Becker

Truman wrote
" Again if they drink they get rewarded. This type of work usually doesn't take that long till they learn that drinking is as much a part of the regiment as going down the trail and every time they see water - they should at least take a few sips.  "

That is why my method works for me also , my horses learn that they better take a drink when water is offered or they will get thirsty . I start my colts out this way riding them in the mountains and by the time I take them to a ride there is no hesitation  about drinking whenever water is offered . Their reward is quenching their thirst . No way does this teach them that drinking is not important , far from that . This has been a training method that has worked well for me as I am sure yours has worked well for you .
                                   Drin Becker
                                   Mtn Region