RE: [RC] Torsion question - Kathy Ramspott

I just read about this.  I too use a dressage saddle and in the book
Endurance Riding and Cometition the author suggests
"A winning strategy for endurance riding is to change the length of your
stirrups during a ride...."
It is something I am going to try to summon up the energy to do next ride.

Kathy R - SE

Here was the problem: when I had the stirrups comfortable for
walking, they were "ok" for cantering, but way too long for
trotting. I also felt like my lower leg was swinging wildly all
over the place at the trot, even when two-pointing. I tried
shortening the stirrups to where they were comfortable at the
trot, and then they were marginally too short at the canter and
way too short at the walk (really uncomfortable).

There is something so magical about being out at night after being on the
trail all day on a long 100 with miles left to go.
~  Tom Noll