[RC] Heat vs Humidity - WRSINOSKY

Now, don't jump on me with both feet, folks.  After all, this is just my opinion.  I lived and rode horses in Pennsylvania until I was in my 20's, then moved to AZ.  Personally, I think it's alot tougher to ride in 80 degree heat with high humidity. It's like you can't breathe. Living near Phoenix,  I get up at 4am in the summer, so I can get out on the trail with one of my horses by 5 or 5:30am. In mid summer it will still be around 100. Yeah, it's hot, but all kidding aside, it's still a dry heat.  The only thing you really have to worry about is not getting dehydrated. It can happen quick out here, since your sweat instantly evaporates and you don't realize how truly dehydrated you're getting.  I'm usually home by 10am. I hose off my horse (and all the others, since they love showers), and take a nap.

Cindy Edwards
Buckeye, AZ