[RC] SADDLE on shoulders/rigging???? - Laurie Durgin

While trying to be sensitive and to learn about saddle fit, and considering I was getting even sweat patterns and my saddle has a closed cell foam padding under the tree.And that it was fit to his withers and body type.And having ridden him in it for 1.5 years.(and I made an impression type pad and it seems to make even impressions.
Well it seems to have contact on his shoulder. About 1-2". I took my pad off and had him walk with my hand under the front of the saddle, and I could feel his scapula move under it some.
Now he is fun to fit anyway. He is "square" arabian. large girth area/barrel like, short backed and all girths move to his elbows.That is where the girth groove is.
I am wondering if I could, should have my billet straps moved forward. They are stitched down the center of the single flap through a 'channel' and come out the botytom of the flap. Single flap design. It is a cutback, aussie endurance saddle. Think english saddle with thigh blocks , with a flatter wider seat. Thick , wide closed cell foam padding for panels(ie. bars, or instead of stuffing or fleece)
My wintec 2000 also sits the same way on him too. But it's billets are rigged at the top and can move more forward.
If I had the billets moved forward or angled forward, would that mess up the balance of the saddle?
Is there another answer in rigging for this type of horse?
If I pull the sadlle back further, the girth won't stay back -it'll slide forward and be showing daylight.( I use a roma gel girth with the waffle type finish)
I do use a crupper and a breastplate.
All english type saddles that have been on him, move up on his neck I swear.That is why I went to a crupper/breastplate.The two westerns we had 7/8 or 3/4 rigging go to the groove too.
Anybody ever really 'fix' this kind of problem with special rigging or saddle?
And by the scapula moving under the front of the saddle and inch or two what kind of problems might this cause? thanks
I do have a merino wool pad, a coolback pad, a homemade closed cell foam pad 1/2 thick sewn to a wool pad.And a tacky tack I somtimes use under one of the above. So he has anywhere from 3/4 to and inch or more padding under the saddle.

Best Restaurant Giveaway Ever! Vote for your favorites for a chance to win $1 million! http://local.msn.com/special/giveaway.asp

There is something so magical about being out at night after being on the
trail all day on a long 100 with miles left to go. ~ Tom Noll