RE: [RC] [RC] Asymmetrical shoulder - Linda Cowles

If you check the feet of horses with asymmetrical shoulders, you'll often
notice that the heels on one foot are higher than the other, i.e. that the
horse has a "club foot". Having this type of structural instability causes
you to ride in balance with the horses imbalance, and the horse will resist
you changing leads or diagonals.

I have a horse that I let go with a "club foot" for years, believing it was
due to one leg being shorter than the other. Now? I'm working with his feet!
His shoulders - and heels - are  getting closer to being matched pairs.

Linda

Linda Cowles
Horse 'N Hound
New & Used Tack & Stable Supplies