Re: [RC] Being cold - Coujurs1

In a message dated 5/23/2004 10:14:06 AM Eastern Standard Time, cherylrandy@xxxxxxx writes:

Boy is that the truth about weather changes.  For those of us at the ROC  in
the Black Hills of south Dakota ( 93 or 94?) it was snowing on us at the end
in the middle of July, and there were a lot of very cold and almost
hypothermic  riders coming in.

I was going Solo that year.  I carried a full blanket on the back of my horse during the ride.  Actually it was a lightweight one that I had one the last year I did ROC.  Covered him and wrapped it around my legs and fastened it in front of my saddle.  I actually sat in the portolet for a bit at the last VC.

Nina