Re: [RC] 100 mile experience / advice - Truman Prevatt

Just remember neither of the pilots that dropped the atomic bomb on Japan in WWI had any idea what would be the results, but any physicists can tell you down to the minute detail what happened.

Most of us down here in the swamp in the early days when endurance was new down here figured it out and managed to finish 100's- without a lot of outside help.

It all gets down to how people approach things. While a "mentor" may be able to provide some "sage advice" they probably don't know me or my horse and how we best operate.

I remember the hall of fame baseball player Reggie Jackson once commenting that that he was put into the hall of fame by a guy who couldn't even make it in the minor leagues. The difference - the coach knew the mechanics of hitting a baseball, he just didn't have the eye hand coordination to apply it. Reggie Jackson has the eye hand coordination and with the help of his coach became know as "Mr. Octobe

Truman

rides2far@xxxxxxxx wrote:
Remember, some of the best coaches in sports never excelled
in their sport but did have extremely good analytical minds

--
We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

We imitate our masters only because we are not yet masters ourselves, and only

because in doing so we learn the truth about what cannot be imitated.