[RC] Trail Savy - Deblyons54

I have a Morgan mare that I've just started trail riding. She is absolutely terrible about watching her footing. She stumbled and trips over rocks and holes, and if she is excited or scared I think she would dive over a cliff. Of course, this is pretty dangerous. Any ideas what I can do to get this mare a bit safer? She was pasture raised but I've had many horses that were pasture raised that did just fine and were great trail horses. I don't have another saddle horse at this time so can't turn her loose or pony her. Thanks