Re: [RC] [RC] Spike in Heart Rate/Backpackers - Suzi Maiorisi

Holly and I were riding down our road last Fall like we'd done 4 times a week for the last 6 months.  There is an area where cedar trees force you to ride pretty close to the road side and when you get around them you are then able to move back closer to the fence line.  As we come around the last big cedar and move towards the fence a HUGE bull comes barreling thru the underbrush and stops abruptly at the fence snorting and pawing...needless to say Holly the Morgan did her best imitation of Arabian Teleport and dropped me where she had been standing - this was the first and last time since for hitting the ground.  Now I sing to her...I think it's an old Steve Miller band song...'Longhorns on the left of me, Big Bull on the right, Here I am, stuck in the middle with youuuuuu!'.  Singing works!
Suzi
----- Original Message -----
From: A. Perez
Sent: Thursday, May 20, 2004 3:05 PM
Subject: Re: [RC] [RC] Spike in Heart Rate/Backpackers

  The worst gremlins I ever encounter were runners doing a
'hash' while I was riding with a friend on one of her TWHs.  A
'hash' is a foot race where runners follow markers left by a
'hare' who laid out a route, with dead-ends, etc.  It involves
lots of shouting back and forth between the runners.  We could
hear them, but not see them.  Well, not being able to see them
threw the horse I was on into a complete panic.  He started
sweating like crazy, and had squirting diarreah. I could feel
his heart pounding through the saddle. He wanted to bolt, but I
was able to hold him.  I felt badly for him but could not
reassure him.  we just left for home.  The gal who owned him
lived in terror from then on of encountering a 'hash'.

Get your own "800" number
Voicemail, fax, email, and a lot more
http://www.ureach.com/reg/tag
The two best drugs to have in your kit are Tincture of Time and a Dose of
Common Sense. These two will carry you through 99.999% of the problems
associated with horses and endurance competition.
~ Robert Morris