[RC] Horse staying in shape and knees - beth glover

Catfish; I just sprained my ankle a few weeks ago, and treated it myself ( I'm a nurse). For me that worked out okay, I definitely agree that you should see your doctor. But in the meantime, ICE, and Elevate it are the order of the days.. Lay on the couch, wrap it in ace wrap, put ice on it at intervals not exceeding 15 minutes. That can help with swelling. It helped me tremendously to bring down my swelling. Some folks swear by Ibuprofen as a non steroidal anti-inflammatory. Unfortunately I can't take it, so I don't know, it depends on your own health and allergies and stuff.   I also have a bad knee following a horse kick just above it, several years ago. It bled into the knee joint. It still troubles me and I feel it even now. It really helps me a lot to take my Glucosamine, and sometimes I take MSM if having a bad time. Sometimes I take homeopathic Arnica.  Good luck to you.   Beth Glover

Stop worrying about overloading your inbox - get MSN Hotmail Extra Storage! ============================================================ Of course things aren't perfect, perfect doesn't exist on this earth. Doesn't mean we won't go on trying to get better at what we do. Besides, if everything was perfect today, what would you do tomorrow? Slamming each other doesn't get anything done. ~ Dot Wiggins ridecamp.net information: http://www.endurance.net/ridecamp/ ============================================================