[RC] 100 Mile Hallunications - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Jeanne Pepper pepperja@xxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I AM SO HAPPY TO  READ THESE POSTS!!!I have never heard of anyone having this
experience and thought I was just nuts! But on my first 100 miler(also my very
first endurance race,Tevis 1980...don't ask!)..((also,I believe,hottest Tevis
on record))...I spotted several robed sheiks,a couple of tee-pees complete with
native americans in full dress buckskins,a log cabin and lots of strange noises
after dark along my way.I've completed several other 100's but never saw
strange ,unexplained sites during them..BUT my first year at Drakes Bay I did
see a huge snow white stag standing along the trail,but was later informed that
this herd of deer actually lived there so was real and not a figment of my
imagination!

think of the hoof as the foundation for the horse like
a house foundation.  when your horse plants his foot down in the ground and
pushes forward if the foot isn't 100% balanced your chances of injury go
up.
~  Paula Blair