Re: [RC] Spike in Heart Rate/Backpackers - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 5/20/2004 5:04:09 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
heidi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

I've had far
better luck by asking them a question ("Nice day, isn't it?") so that they
will just conversationally answer me--although when all h*ll is breaking
loose, sometimes it is difficult to remember to ask them if they are
having a nice day instead of just hollering at them to "say
something..."

I generally say something like, "Nice day to be out, isn't it?!" to get them to
answer me.  But when our horses did that "group spook," all I could think of to
yell was "say something!"  <G>

Dawn in East Texas
If you treat an Arab like a Thoroughbred, it will behave like a Quarter
horse.
~  Libby Llop