Re: [RC] [RC] Spike in Heart Rate - Laurie Durgin

Mine just stops his feet, his ears zoom in. . . and I'd better . . sigh and say ". . it's just a deer, cat , rock, turkey, people. . . you ninny. . . start singing, relax the reins. . .
Then there was that face off with that doe 2 weeks ago, he hadn't been on trail in a year, she bounds out, plants herself about 75 feet in front of us,on the road, and stares at us. He plants himself, I sigh, talk to him, wave at the deer, talk to the deer, tell her to move on, she just stands there with me waving and yelling, after about 3-5 minutes "really" she moves on . I saw 3 deer on that 1.5 hour walk.Never seen that many individual sightings, on one short ride before, . . . but then 4 subdivisions this last year up our road, and a huge one on the Ne side of my 'riding lands'.
On the next ride, there was that black cat in the road. . . same thing. . . gotta love um'

From: "Karen Sullivan" <greymare56@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <kramspott@xxxxxxxxxxx>,<rides2far@xxxxxxxx>
CC: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [RC]   Spike in Heart Rate
Date: Wed, 19 May 2004 12:49:56 -0700

----- Original Message ----- From: <rides2far@xxxxxxxx>

For my horse there's 2 possibilities:

A deer
B: loss of contact on electrodes.

If it's deer you might want to ride by them often and hope for a training
effect. :-)

Angie

*last weekend my friend who was riding with a heart monitor saw a huge jump when they happened across some bears.....

My horse had the same reaction to a bunch of backpackers hiking
out....despite one of them
giving her carrots, she needs more backpacker work.....
Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
There is something so magical about being out at night after being on the
trail all day on a long 100 with miles left to go.
~  Tom Noll

At the end of the day maybe the definition of endurance isn't the length of
the ride but rather the spirit in which it is ridden.
~  Maryanne Stroud Gabani

Watch LIVE baseball games on your computer with MLB.TV, included with MSN Premium! http://join.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200439ave/direct/01/

Arabians were bred for years primarily as a war horse and those
requirements are similar to what we do today with endurance riding. ~ Homer Saferwiffle