[RC] LD vs Endurance... can't we all get along? - Jonni Jewell

A.P.posted>>>PS: actually the one rule I think should be changed is that LDs
must be held in conjunction with 'real' endurance rides... if
this were not the case, there might possibly be more LD rides
available, at least here in the east,  but I seem to be the only
one who feels that way.<<<

Not all trails are conducive to a shorter distance ride. Some of the single
loop rides, don't have the ability to have a trail that would either come
BACK to camp after 25 miles, or end at a spot that riders could easily have
crews and rigs come in to get them.  The Old Warriors Water Hunt in the PS
region is a prime example. The 25 mile point is way up on the mountain, with
access only by dirt fire roads. The other thing is some rides are billed as
"tough" rides, and novice horses and riders are discouraged from attending,
thus they do not offer LD at that ride.

If you want to see more LD rides in your region, find a spot to put on a
ride, and manage one. If you feel this is something that there is indeed a
need for, then by helping to build the rider base of LD'ers, maybe other
managers will do the same.

Jonni

...but then, I do ride my horses a lot more than most people
~  Karen Chaton