Re: [RC] Awful example - heidi

Well Elaine, I wouldn't worry about it, I wouldn't care to be in your
company either. But it is okay that Heidi speaks to Howard the way she
does and that is acceptable? No, don't think so. I have NO shame in
saying I am a proud LD'er. If you have a problem with that, then deal
with it!! Iris McQuade

Iris, I shouldn't even bother to reply to this on a public forum, but I'm
curious.  Why is it ok for HOWARD to pick on people, but not ok for people
to respond in kind?  After about 30 bazillion posts from Howard, in which
he doesn't "get it" despite it being explained consistently and patiently
by Joe, Maryben, Lynne, kat, Barbara, and numerous other long-time riders,
of which I am merely one, and after he twists and bends and warps their
posts every which way but up, driving them all (me included) half crazy
with his yammering and contradictions, why is it that *I* am specifically
the one who gets flamed for "picking" on Howard?  He got angry at ME for
bringing up his ride record, when I was at least the 2nd person who
mentioned it.  (And BTW, Howard, our ride records are public knowledge,
and I only looked yours up after another poster stated that I oughta look
it up because I might find it interesting.)  He blew off at ME for saying
exactly the same thing about LD awards that Joe and kat had said (I think
they were the two) as well as others.

So maybe, must maybe, Iris, you oughta be asking yourself if perhaps you
ought to be chastizing Howard for his manners.  (He was the one who
suggested that perhaps I ought to "blow it out my ass"--I think that was
his phrase.  But then since he is from New Jersey, I guess I can't expect
him to act like a southern gentleman.)

Or perhaps you are Howard in drag, opening up a new line of attack???

I'm glad you are proud to be an LDer.  I'm proud of the LDs I've done,
too.  And I'm proud of my friends that are long-term LDers.  But I still
find your attack on me curious, to say the least.

Meanwhile, I'll stick to my guns.  I'm sorry if truth is painful to some
people.  But I see I'm backed by some other folks who have been there,
done that, been around a lot of years and seen it all, such as Joe,
Maryben, Cindy, Lynne, kat, Barbara, etc.--and I really don't think we're
ALL lying to you.

Heidi

Riding alone is when you teach a horse all the "tools" and "cues" he needs
to handle the trail, to hold a speed, deal with hills, etc. It's also where
you develop the "bond" that causes him to "defer" to you before losing his
cool.
~ Jim Holland