[RC] "Walk" rules - Dot Wiggins

I do have a rule when horses are learning to walk as fast as each horse can.
The rule is  "I always try to pick the speed at whatever gait"   No pushing
for a faster trot or canter.  However, at the walk, they can go as fast as
they want as long as it's a Walk.    Surprizing how fast one can walk when
they are mad, in a hurry, late for supper, behind the others, and the horse
has gotten the message he must not trot.  I refuse to slow down for anyone
if my horse is Walking.

We both win,  horse gets to hurry, I get to ride at a walk.  <vbg>

At the end of the day maybe the definition of endurance isn't the length of
the ride but rather the spirit in which it is ridden.
~  Maryanne Stroud Gabani