Re: [RC] "Walk" rules - RDCARRIE

In a message dated 5/18/2004 5:29:11 PM Central Standard Time, dotwgns@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Surprizing how fast one can walk when
they are mad, in a hurry, late for supper, behind the others, and the horse
has gotten the message he must not trot.

Boy, ain't this the truth!  We have a little 29 yr old gelding who has a power walk to die for, once he gets the message that he has to WALK, and not trot/jig/etc.  Takes some halts and verbal warnings, but once he realizes that he can walk as fast as he wants, he really hauls.  His whole head and neck bob up and down, and he just flies.  I rode him this past weekend, and was reminded of just how fast a little horse can walk when they want to.  Now if I can just teach this to my coming 4 yr old when he is under saddle, I'll be a happy camper!

Dawn in East Texas