Re: [RC] Ways To Know You Are Ready for 100 Miler? - rides2far

In Lou Hollander's book, "Endurance Riding Beginning to Winning" he said that
when your horse can do a 6 hr. 50 he's ready for a 100. That worked for my
first horse, it took 2 years before he did a 6 hr. 50, but for Kaboot I waited
till he had 800 miles of competition in 50's, had learned to eat & drink and
could do a 6 hr. 50.

Angie

-- RISTREE@xxxxxxx wrote:
Okay, I'm one of those folks aspiring to do a 100 mile ride.

My horse, I think, and I'm told, is probably capable of it.  Me, I worry about.
<chuckle>

So, for those of you have done it, those of you have tried it and haven't quite
succeeded yet ...

What does it take, for horse and rider, individually and collectively, to be
ready to successfully and safely finish a 100 mile ride?

--Patti (not that the LD debates aren't fascinating, but this is a topic that I
think several of us would really like to hear about! <evil grin>)
Why should I look good if I don`t smell good?
~  author unknown

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
One of the great joys of being a pompous idiot is that you can do and think
whatever you want.
~  Homer Safferwiffle