[RC] Weaning questions - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: Susan Schomburg sschom@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx or
ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I would think twice about putting a weaning in with a stallion and gelding. I
have seen them kill weanlings. You stated that you had "mares". If the weanling
is in with more than one mare, take his mother out of the pasture and put her
somewhere else. He will have familiar company and you shouldn't have to worry
about an agressive stallion or gelding. I have done this with all my foals and
they don't even notice their mother is gone. (one who was orphaned at 3 months.)

eating egg salad sandwiches for 3 days straight! Heidi
Sowards... but then again... REAL endurance is riding behind someone who
ate egg salad sandwiches for 3 days straight!
~ author unkown