[RC] Why we ride - WRSINOSKY

Chris:  Thank you!  I've been breezing through the ridecamp email also. Everyone I've met at the three rides I've been on were very courteous and helpful. When the 50 milers passed me going the opposite direction, they all smiled and spoke to me. Yes, eventually I'd like to try for the 50, but Sebastian is older and my vet cautions me about doing anything over 25-30 with him due to his prior owner(s) abuse. Doimas, the beastie, will turn five this month. Since this is my first year riding AERC, I'm quite content to do LD's. They are alot of fun and I'm learning alot, both on the trail, talking to other riders and reading the Endurance news.  In my neighborhood where everyone has at least two horses, I'm about the only person who rides. And, the few who do ride think I'm a bit crazy because I go out every day for at least two, if not four hours at a stretch. To them, 25 miles IS endurance.  But that is them and this is me. I'm loving the time with my horses, out on trails I've never seen before and experiencing the enjoyment of the ride. My favorite remembrance of the Old Pueblo ride near Sonoita, AZ, was early in the ride when Doimas and I topped a hill. It was early morning, the sky was crystal blue, the wind was blowing, and we could see for miles, including snow capped mountains to the west. To top off this religious experience, the coyotes were calling to one another.

Thank you AERC and all the ride managers for allowing me the privilege to experience nature, my horse and all that is included in an AERC ride.

Cindy Edwards
Buckeye, AZ