From: ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:ridecamp-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Barbara McCrary
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 9:24 PM
To: Kristen A Fisher; Ridecamp
Subject: Re: [RC] LD/Endurance

But it's true.

Barbara

----- Original Message -----
From: "Kristen A Fisher" <kskf@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Ridecamp" <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Sunday, May 16, 2004 7:26 PM

the ride is, and satisfy the folks who feel "Limited
Distance" is a
put-down.

To me the biggest put-down about riding 25 miles is that
over and over, at
rides and on Ridecamp, people keep saying any person on any
horse can do
it.
THAT belittles it.

REAL endurance is reading the LD vs. Endurance thread/debate every 3
months!!!
~ Heidi Sowards

You don't have to be a 100-mile rider or a multi-day rider to be an
endurance rider, but if you want to experience the finest
challenges our
sport has to offer, you need to do both of those.
~ Joe Long

I can tell you after sleeping in a tent, then in my truck, then in the back
of a trailer, then in a gneck trailer w/no LQ, and now in the new-to-me LQ
one, you don't sleep any better the night before in nicer digs - you're
just more comfortable while you're lying there obsessing :)
~  Tina Hicks