[RC] decline in 100 mile riders - Ridecamp Guest

Please Reply to: amy whelan arabsrun@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I must admit that I never dreamed I would go 7 years without doing a 100. The
3rd ride I ever did was a 100 and I knew right then that it was my favorite
distance. I don't have much of a killer instinct, but still love to compete, so
I loved the strategy that was involved.(at least, on the hilly courses) It is
all I had trained for on my previous horses. I would just do 50's in between to
help stay in shape(and we used to do them alot closer together before we knew
better) anyhow, life just happens. I have sold several horses just after I
started doing 100's on them, or just getting them ready. Also, I had 2 more
children(now 3) and it tends to cut down on your training time.(and money)
Believe me, all I am aiming for, is getting back to doing 100's.  Hopefully it
will be this year, Murphy's Law just keeps thwarting my plans.!
So hopefully, 2004 will be the year that I am back on the long,dark trail of a
fall 100!!

Amy Whelan
Kentucky

ride my horses a lot more than most people
~  Karen Chaton