From: Ridecamp Guest <guest-owner@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: [RC]   Asymmetrical Shoulder
Date: Fri, 14 May 2004 18:06:42 GMT

Please Reply to: Tess Searcy morabs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

In response to your message; I had an ex-racehorse off of the track who's left shoulder was bigger than the right, it was from running down the track to the left, more use of the left lead than the right. He prefered to canter in the left lead, I spent a couple of years teaching him to bend to the right & to use his right lead more, it then build up the right to match the left, he can counter canter now too. If the shoulder is built up too much you might need to shim up the smaller side of the saddle to make it fit, mine wasn't that bad, I never had to use shims. Couldn't hurt to have a Chiro look at it too.

===========================================================Arabians were bred for years primarily as a war horse and those
requirements are similar to what we do today with endurance riding.
~ Homer Saferwiffle

Best Restaurant Giveaway Ever! Vote for your favorites for a chance to win $1 million! http://local.msn.com/special/giveaway.asp

The two best drugs to have in your kit are Tincture of Time and a Dose of
Common Sense. These two will carry you through 99.999% of the problems
associated with horses and endurance competition.
~ Robert Morris