[RC] Peeing - DeborahHuebsch

Can't help but pass on something that has helped me alot re the peeing in the trailer issue.  I find that I can train my geldings (at least the smarter ones) to pee on signal.  Whenever I see them peeing, I whistle (in a certain way, keeping the sound the same every time) and pretty soon they make the association.  After a long conditioning ride I take them to a spot that looks just about right and voila--I whistle--and they pee.  That keeps them from peeing in the trailer on the way home (this is during a short haul during which they used to pee immediately upon getting in and if I "pee them" before hand, they don't).  Sometimes they will pee before I put their halters on before loading them, and I try to remember to use the signal then too.  Keeps the trailers a whole lot cleaner.  On the long hauls, well, they just pee.

Deborah (in S. California)