Sent: Wednesday, May 12, 2004 8:37 AM
Subject: Re: [RC] Fw: from PNER list with author's permission

Dot's last sentence:  Bingo! Right on the nailhead.  So AERC needs to decide whether LD is to be a race or a venue for training, introduction, and recovery.  I can't see how it can be both.  That is, if BC is to be awarded via the top ten, then it becomes a race.  LD was not originally set up to be a race, but it that's what the majority wants, then that's probably what it is going to become.

Barbara

As to LD BC----How can you do a valid evaluation between horses when one finishes in 4 hrs and another in 6 hrs.   The time factor needs to be considered, the work/stress factor is not the same.

Dot     AERC# 968   PNER#475