Re: [RC] LMMR part two - Maggie Mieske

This ride is normally quite dry and even when it rains, we have scattered puddles but nice ones.  This was UNUSUAL for our area...we had flood warnings in several counties around us.  I have never seen this much rain.  I need to find out exactly how much we got.  Several inches over the weekend alone, I am sure.   It has also been a wet spring for us.  I suspect that those churned up areas will be packed down and dry by the time we ride there in September.  Two years ago it was so dry that the sand was like sugar and easily 12 inched or more deep...the sand was great though this weekend.  :)   I think we also do not have the numbers of riders on this trail that some of the other horse trails have.  But I don't believe any of them have ever been shut down for rain.  Maybe Jeanie Miller has some insight?
Miles of smiles,
Maggie
http://arabianquest.com/samaha_arabians.htm
"So many of our dreams seem impossible, then improbable, then inevitable."  Christopher Reeve