[RC] Biltmore/Super Crews - rides2far

I should be continueing to download photos right now but just wanted to
make a quick comment. I think I mentioned that I kept records of the
different horses' recoveries. As I studied them I was surprised to see
Karen Clark's Jeb taking longer to get through the P&R check...then it
hit me. NO CREW. You can't just look at numbers. When Darolyn and the
young sheik (the name is longer than you can imagine and I dare not
attempt it) came in they were literally swamped by a choreographed crew
stripping tack, pouring water, one taking the card to get the out times,
etc. Then you see the photo I have up of Karen, with her horse in hand,
getting her own out time on her card. She's the only 100 I remember who
had to come get her own time and that's that much less time that horse &
Karen have to rest. I was kidding Sarah Engsburg that the sheik had paid
all those people crewing for him...but that her lone crew member Tamra
Schoech had finished her ahead of them so she really owed her a nice meal
or something. >g<

So...applause for those who crewed and applause for those who crewed for
themselves. I wish the crews could see their numbers on my sheet and know
that I know what they did made a difference!

Angie

Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
When you ask a Quarter horse for something he says - Sure -  and when you
ask an Arab for something he says  - Why? -
~  Heidi Smith