Re: [RC] FDA Warning Letter to Fort Dodge - John and Rose Muffett

I have heard that many consider FD vaccines to be "iffy" these last few years. I will surely stay away from them. Glad to see another company is now making the WNV vaccine too. FD once was a good company - not sure what happened there, maybe a change in operations, cutting costs, etc. seems like the quality level decreases when one cuts back too much for reasons of profit. I surely will not use FD here any longer.

So sorry to hear about your horse and the loss of your riding buddy. So sad, hope now FD will up their quality control - this should have NEVER happened in the first place. I wonder how many others were damaged from FD vaccine.

I myself have used the FD here for years without any problems - but after what my Vet told me, and reading this - will toss what I have left! In all vaccines, I always write down the lot number, etc. when I vaccinate.

Regards,
Rose Muffett

The very essence of our sport is doing the trail as quickly as practicable,
while keeping one's horse fit to continue. Taking the clock out of the
equation makes it another sport altogether. The challenge is how to keep
the sport what it is while honing our skills (both as riders and as those
in control roles) in detecting where "the edge" is for each horse so that
we don't cross it. ~ Heidi Smith