[RC] Tieing UP - Peggy B-Smith

I have a mare that tied up a number of times.  The first time, after a 35-miler I couldn't ride for over a week and a half because of the weather. The first time I took her out after that, she tied up. Had the vet come out, drew blood, gave her a Vit E & selenium shot. He told me to give her a Vit E & Sel supplement and suggested MegaCel.
The next time she tied up, I had run out of MegaCel and hadn't gotten my order yet. Started her back on and she was fine until I started feeding Strategy along with her hay - then her third tie-up.
Have stopped all Strategy, very, very little alfalfa (just a little after workouts) and her Vit E supplement. Have done 2 50's and lots of training rides with no problems.
Since we have no pasture here (in very dry California) she gets 3-way free choice, tiny amount of alfalfa, beet pulp, some rice bran, and Complete Advantage 3 days before and during her rides. This is now working fine with her - so far!

Peggy Bergman-Smith
Bear Valley Springs, CA