From: Nancy Reed
Sent: Saturday, January 10, 2004 4:10 PM
Subject: [RC] saddle trouble, again

OK, I will try not to whine too much, but I know you ridecampers will understand.  My new saddle doesn?t fit me and looks like it doesn?t fit my horseL  The seat puts me in an abnormal angle and gives me horrible back pain.  And to make sure it really didn?t fit, I rode for 2 + hours yesterday.  Today I can barely walk.  Life it too short for this!! (Translation, I?m too old)

So, again, I ask for your help.  I have a 14.1 hand, short backed Arab mare.  No withers, large shoulders with a bad saddle attitude.  She is 5 years old and has had several growth spurts.  I used an Abetta for 6 months.  She literally grew out of it.  Tried a Sports Saddle, too long, rubbed her loins.  Latest is a Marciante, does not fit me.  I can not afford $2000 for a saddle and would prefer a western style saddle.  Suggestions?

I live in northern San Diego County and will trailer to LA/Orange County for a fitting.  What tack store has the most endurance saddles on hand?  Thank you in advance for your help.  I?ll go take more Advil and stop whining.

Nancy Reed

Lazy J Ranch

Elfin Forest, California (with miles of trails out my door)