Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 10:01 PM
Subject: [RC] RE Southern California Palos Verdes

Please Reply to: Annette 1wildpony@xxxxxxx or ridecamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I too grew up riding the trails in Rolling Hills & Palos Verdes.  The arena near Rolling Hills stables is called Chandler Park.  I remember the NATRC rides too, but I didnt really know anything about it then, I just remember all the horses going by as I was riding.  (25? years ago)

Ernie Howlett park used to allow folks to rent stalls by the night & stay on the grounds.  I'm not sure if they still do but if anyone wants to do some great riding I highly recommend you find a way to get to Rolling Hills.  Lots of trails, views of the ocean to Catalina.  Most of the public arenas have water for the horses, even the fire station.
HEY KARLA, are you by any chance the Karla that owned the great grey arab NEEKA??  What a horse!
Wow.... what great memories you guys have brought up....
Annette
1wildpony at cox.net